Just two days to go before the publication of ‘The Battered Body Beneath the Flagstones and Other Victorian Scandals.’ Eeek! I can hardly believe that we’re almost there, so to celebrate I thought I’d give you a few statistics… And also a video!!
Here we go…
- There are 336 pages.
- There are approximately 110,000 words.
- There are 3 sections – One about family scandals, one about showbiz and one about bemusing, tragic and head-scratching stories!
- The crow on the front of the book is called Creepy Crow. My sister-in-law first called him that and he’s well-named I’m sure you’ll agree.
- The book took a year to write.
- The scandals take place all over the UK, the USA and several other countries, too.
- There are approximately fifty scandals in the book. These range from a few paragraphs at the beginning of each section, right through to stories that are literally tens of thousands of words long.
- The three biggest stories are: ‘The Battered Body Beneath the Flagstones’, ‘Richard Archer Prince and the Murder of Swashbuckler William Terriss’ and ‘The Attempted Assassination of The Queen.’
- Many of the stories stayed with me for a long time after writing them. These included a really sad tale of a woman who was forced into a mental asylum just because she had a bottle of alcohol in her room! I won’t spoil it by telling you what happened next, but it was definitely an eye-opening tale!
- This book was hard work but extremely rewarding. I now desperately want to write more about the Victorian era, so watch this space!
And now here is a little video I posted on Instagram, to say thank you for all the support. Please forgive the amount of times I say the word ‘Really’. I guess I was just really, really excited to post it! Ha!
View this post on Instagram
Just two days to go before the publication of 'The Battered Body Beneath the Flagstones and other Victorian Scandals'! I am so excited! #VictorianScandals #victorians #TheBatteredBodyBeneathTheFlagstones #newbook #VictorianLondon #scandals #michellemorganwriter #author #authorsofinstagram #writers #writinglife #bookstagram
Until next time,