Just two days to go before the publication of ‘The Battered Body Beneath the Flagstones and Other Victorian Scandals.’ Eeek! I can hardly believe that we’re almost there, so to celebrate I thought I’d give you a few statistics… And also a video!!
Here we go…
- There are 336 pages.
- There are approximately 110,000 words.
- There are 3 sections – One about family scandals, one about showbiz and one about bemusing, tragic and head-scratching stories!
- The crow on the front of the book is called Creepy Crow. My sister-in-law first called him that and he’s well-named I’m sure you’ll agree.
- The book took a year to write.
- The scandals take place all over the UK, the USA and several other countries, too.
- There are approximately fifty scandals in the book. These range from a few paragraphs at the beginning of each section, right through to stories that are literally tens of thousands of words long.
- The three biggest stories are: ‘The Battered Body Beneath the Flagstones’, ‘Richard Archer Prince and the Murder of Swashbuckler William Terriss’ and ‘The Attempted Assassination of The Queen.’
- Many of the stories stayed with me for a long time after writing them. These included a really sad tale of a woman who was forced into a mental asylum just because she had a bottle of alcohol in her room! I won’t spoil it by telling you what happened next, but it was definitely an eye-opening tale!
- This book was hard work but extremely rewarding. I now desperately want to write more about the Victorian era, so watch this space!
And now here is a little video I posted on Instagram, to say thank you for all the support. Please forgive the amount of times I say the word ‘Really’. I guess I was just really, really excited to post it! Ha!
Just two days to go before the publication of 'The Battered Body Beneath the Flagstones and other Victorian Scandals'! I am so excited! #VictorianScandals #victorians #TheBatteredBodyBeneathTheFlagstones #newbook #VictorianLondon #scandals #michellemorganwriter #author #authorsofinstagram #writers #writinglife #bookstagram
Until next time,